The 27th Annual Conference for the Australasian Society for Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering 2022 (ASBTE 2022), respects our relationship with the environment and we openly acknowledge the adverse effects events may have when not conscientiously managed. Thus, sustainability is at the fore of every decision we make. At the ASBTE we encourage all our delegates and attendees to be eco-friendly and sustainable for the benefit of our environment and community.
| How you can help.
We aim to make ASBTE 2022 an eco-friendly and sustainable event. The following recommendations will help make the event environmentally and socially sustainable.
Travel and Transport
- Encourage purchasing of carbon offsets for travel to and from the event.
- Ensure travel and access to events and venues includes and prioritises public transport
- Promote the use of public transport by providing directions, appropriate train, bus and light rail
timetables, maps/details of shuttle buses or carpooling schemes on the website. Trams are free in the city of Melbourne.
Recycling and Waste Management
- Avoid the use of plastic and plastic bags. Please note that biodegradable plastic is not always compostable, even
when made from plant-based materials
- Reduce packaging material; ensure packaging materials used are reusable or recyclable